Arp-scan Desired New Features
This page contains a list of the desired features for future versions of arp-scan. Please add proposals for new features to the discussion page.
Features Implemented in SVN
The following features have been implemented in the SVN copy of arp-scan, but not yet formally released. Unfortunately the SVN version is not publicly available, but it may become available in the future.
No new features since the release of arp-scan 1.8 in March 2011.
Features on the To-Do List
The following features are on my To-Do list. This list comes from the TODO file, which is part of the arp-scan distribution.
- Code tidy up: reduce the number of global variables.
- Additional ARP fingerprinting options, e.g. arpsha != srcaddr.
- Some OSes, e.g. OpenBSD and NetBSD, don't run man pages through tbl.
- Why does darwin 7.9 not have prototypes for pcap_datalink_val_to_name(), pcap_datalink_val_to_description() and pcap_setnonblock() even though the pcap library contains these functions? arp-scan compiles with warnings, but runs OK.
- Add support for win32 common link-layer implementation.
- Add support for Token Ring.
- Support the libpcap sending function pcap_sendpacket() or pcap_inject() when they are supported by the pcap library.
- Use pcap_get_selectable_fd() to get the file descriptor for select() where possible.
- Investigate response packets >60 bytes long.
- Add XML output.
- Fix ./configure warnings on OS X Snow Leopard.